The Canadian Cycling Association is a National Sport
Organization whose main reason for being is the organization
and promotion of cycling in Canada. The activities of
the Association are carried out within the constraints
of sound business practices with regard to the ethics
required of professional staff and to the spirit in
which its volunteers function.
The vision of the CCA is to be a leading competitive
cycling nation by 2020 celebrating enhanced international
success, increased national participation and world
class event hosting.
The Mission of the CCA is: to create and sustain an
effective system that develops talented Canadian cyclists
to achieve Olympic, Paralympic and World Championship
Pursuit of Excellence
Striving to succeed at the highest levels of competition
is a worthy pursuit that warrants support and recognition.
What is learned in cycling are lessons for life that
help build valuable members of society.
Cycling provides an outlet for self-expression in its
speed, risk, physical creativity and free-spirited lifestyle.
All types of personalities fit in and differences are
Integrity is the foundation of all activity, from competition
to decision-making to competition to communication.
Lifestyle and Health
Cycling is a lifelong sport and family activity. It
provides a healthy lifestyle that offers physical activity
and psychological benefits to all who participate.
The ongoing success of Canadian cycling depends upon
the contribution of volunteers who give freely of their
time, experience and expertise.
- Consultation with members is the foundation for
decision-making considering the diverse needs and
activities of the members
- The CCA is governed by volunteers to ensure balance
in the overall business of the Association
- Demonstrate integrity in all aspects of the business
through open and direct accountability to its membership
- Discrimination and harassment are not tolerated
as the CCA operates in an environment of mutual trust
and respect between participants, volunteers and staff
- Facilitate standardisation in the delivery of programs
- Support development of strategic partnerships
- Equality of access to the services of the CCA
- The development of a strong network of certified
coaches and instructors, organizers, officials, events,
volunteers and staff
- The development of elite athletes
- Accessibility to cycling opportunities
- National and Regional training centres
- A balanced emphasis on all aspects of sport cycling
- Financial stability wtih a diverse revenue base
CCA STRATEGIC PLAN 2009-2012
Summary (PDF 159 KB)
Document (PDF 114 KB)