TORY NYHAUG STARTS SEASON WITH BACK-TO-BACK TOP 5s IN
(Chula Vista, CA, USA – March 31, 2012) Canadian
BMX superstar Tory Nyhaug of Coquitlam, BC started the
season on the right foot this weekend, scoring back-to-back
top 5 results in Chula Vista, California, at the opening
UCI BMX Supercross contest of the 2012 season.
On Friday in qualifying, Nyhaug went on the post the
fourth fastest time of 34.814 in the Super Time Trial
Finals race, and qualified for the BMX Supercross showdowns.
On Saturday, Nyhaug then went through the single-elimination
rounds all the way to the Supercross finals, where he
crossed the finish line in fifth place. Nyhaug was involved
in a crash early in the race, but managed to get back
up and finish the race among the Top 5.
American rider Connor Fields won both the time Time
Trial and the Supercross races.
Complete results can be found at www.bmx-results.com.
The next BMX Supercross race will be held from April
13 to 15 in Randaberg, Norway.
RESULTS – MEN – BMX SUPECROSS
1. FIELDS, Connor (USA)
2. WILLOUGHBY, Sam (AUS)
3. HERMAN, David (USA)
4. WILLERS, Marc (NZL)
5. NYHAUG, Tory (CAN)
6. VAN GENDT, Twan (NED)
7. BRADFORD, Joey (USA)
8. STROMBERGS, Maris (LAT)
RESULTS – MEN – TIME TRIALS
1. FIELDS, Connor (USA) 33.648
2. STROMBERGS, Maris (LAT) 34.413
3. SHARRAH Corben (USA) 34.682
4. NYHAUG, Tory (CAN) 34.814
5. PELLUARD, Vincent (FRA) 34.828
97. SIPKOI, Derek (CAN) 37.339
98. MCCORMACK, Connor (CAN) 37.345
101. PARTRIDGE, Mischa (CAN) 37.508
125. WALSH, Corey (CAN) 39.440
142. TUCHSCHERER, Justin (CAN) 1:07.017
DNF. PALMER, James (CAN)